Over at Critical Jazz magazine they had some very nice things to say about MIXTURE:
- Stuckey is that rare artist that can touch your heart and set your hair on fire simultaneously.
- ...an impressive hybrid of jazz, fusion, with that smoldering southern sound reminiscent of Muscle Shoals bubbling just beneath the surface.
- The opening track is the only vocal on the release and laid down nicely by Pam Rule.
- The band is rock solid....
- Closing out the release we get the funkier side of Stuckey, clean and precise with the finesse of a surgeon and the melodic heart of a poet.